Thursday, December 29, 2016
Some Delicious Foods That Make You Look Older
1. Sweets: Sugar overload may kick-start a process called glycation. When you eat more sugar than your cells can process, the excess sugar molecules combine with proteins, creating "advanced glycation end products" (appropriately referred to as "AGES"). Too much sweet stuff is also bad for your smile.
2. Alcohol: A healthy liver means healthy skin. Alcohol affect your liver function. So your skin can develop a variety of issues, like acne, sallowness, and wrinkles. To top it off, alcohol is dehydrating and bad for your sleep, which was associated with accelerated aging
3. White wine: White wine falls into its own category because of its surprising dental damage. While a glass of red will give you instant "wine mouth," the acid in white wine damages your enamel and makes your teeth more prone to longer-lasting stains.
4. Charred meat: That black char on your burger may contain pro-inflammatory hydrocarbons, which could present a problem since inflammation breaks down the collagen in your skin.
5. Salty foods: Salty foods can make you retain water and cause a 'puffy' look.
6. Processed meats: Deli meat, sausage, and bacon. "Many of these meats have sulfites and other preservatives, which can trigger inflammation in the skin, and accelerate the appearance of aging.
7. Spicy food: Spicy food aggravates rosacea-prone skin, but it can also do damage during menopause. Spicy food dilates your blood vessels, menopausal women may find their skin looking blotchy and less youthful during this time.
8. Red meat: Fatty meat generates free radicals. Free radicals are in search of missing electrons, they snag electrons from healthy cells, damaging them in the process. This damage ultimately affects your skin's ability to protect itself and generate collagen.