Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Know ABout Chronic Dry Eye

Chronic dry eye is a painful condition marked by the sensation that your eyes are literally dried out and not producing enough moisture. Dry eye can make it more difficult to focus on certain tasks, especially tasks that involve a certain level of concentration such as reading, driving, and working on the computer.

Dry eyes are a common condition in the United States. Most often, people who have dry eyes are middle-aged or older. An estimated 4.88 million Americans age 50 and older have dry eyes. Of these, over 3 million are women and 1.68 million are men.

Symptoms:
- night driving problems
- discomfort when wearing contacts
- burning, itching, or stinging sensations
- light sensitivity

- eyes that are watery at times, then completely dry at others
- red and sore eyelids
- mucus secreting from the eye in a string-like texture

What Causes Chronic dry eye?
The causes of dry eye syndrome include:
- hormone replacement therapy
- exposure to the wind or dry air, such as constant exposure to a heater during the winter
- allergies
- LASIK eye surgery
- some medications, including antihistamines, nasal decongestants, birth control pills, and antidepressants
- aging
- long-term contact lens wear
- staring at a computer for long hours
- not blinking enough
- medications for high blood pressure, like beta-blockers or diuretics
- sleeping pills
It Can be also caused by:
- medications to lower anxiety
- antihistamines
- diabetes
- herpes zoster
- autoimmune diseases like lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and Sjögren’s syndrome

How to Diagnose Chronic dry eye?
- Your doctor will ask about your medical history
- Eye doctor will perform an eye exam to inspect the exterior of your eye, including the eyelids, tear ducts and how you blink
- Will examine your cornea and the interior of your eye
- Will measure the quality of your tear film

How To Treat?
The basic treatments can be divided into 4 major parts:
1.  increasing tears
2.  maintaining tears
3.  triggering tear production
4.  healing inflammation

If the condition of dry eyes are mild, it may only need artificial tears. They can be applied as needed less than four times per day.

However, if the eyes don’t change with artificial tears, it may need help keeping tears in your eyes. The tears ducts can be blocked so tears can’t drain.

Prescription eye drops or inserts can stimulate tear production. Increasing intake of omega-3 fatty acids can also help with certain causes of dry eyes.

To reduce inflammation of the eyelids or glands, may have to take an anti-inflammatory drug. Massage, warm compresses, or ointments may also help.

4 comments:

  1. I was haven herpes 2 on my private part. I have had them for about 2 and a bit years. I am so scared what my mates are going to says if there should fined out i have herpes on my private part and due to the virus my girlfriend broke up with me. I have been to the Doctors 9 times to get it treated. They all come back. I have been using Tee Tree Oil and Wartner (You freeze them at home) and they seem to be keeping the smaller herpes small but they can't seem to treat the larger ones. They don't get any bigger, but then they can't shrink as much. They get smaller a little part at a time. At least they are getting smaller! As soon as I see a new herpes appearing, then I treat it. At the moment I have been using Tee Tree twice a week and then using Wartner every 2 weeks. I was wondering if there was any other information about how to get rid of it. I am only a teenager and I hate it most when it get pi-chins me to scratch it, it get sweets when scratching it most times! I want to get rid of it so bad! DR.ONOKUN website has been a huge help and has helped me realize a lot more about me and my family of genital herpes! so that was when i switch for natural remedy to see if there could be any help by herbal remedy, i search and i saw a great posts by Sarah devise adebayo ehijactor and shanttel Merritt on about the great herbal doctor that get them rid of there disease infection. and this great herbal doctor was called DR.ONOKUN so that was when i contacted him for my own treatment and he prepared me some herbs which i takes for some couples of days, and i take it as he says before i am to no me and my family was perfectly cure for it and never experience it again. please friends if you have herpes virus and you really wants to get rid of it, please contact this great DR.ONOKUN for herbal treatment and you will get rid of it. EMAIL. dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Day everyone, just want to share my experience here so you all should be more careful when contacting any herbalist for solution cos majority of the testimonies are fake and were the ones that fooled me.they all uses the same local code number (+234) cos i have been screwed by some of them.My Husband was suffering from Hsv for years and i went everywhere to get useful information that will help cure or suppress the disease.then i came across testimonies of those that took my hard earn money without any useful information or cure but they keep telling stories.about two months ago, a new staff was employed in my place of work and when He heard about my Husband Disease He was so remorseful and told me about Dr Emmanuel.but i felt it was still one of those Internet guys so i didn't call or text Dr Emmanuel. later that week, He asked me if i`ve heard from Dr Emmanuel and he gave me proof and reasons to try.well, lots of thanks to Dr Emmanuel cos as im writing this message, my Husband is CURED through the herbs that Dr Emmanuel sent to us.so after my experience, i decided to save some people from falling to the hands of SCAMS.thx for your time and if you require the service of Dr Emmanuel, you have to reach him via email: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com  or WhatsApp/Call +2348140073965
      you can also reach me on  +1(862) 260-4433  
      he have cure to all kinds of virus and disease,thank you Herpes,Hpv,Wart,Cancer,Hepatitis B,COPD,Brain Tumor Etc

      Delete
  2. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of
    breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her
    to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to go to
    the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady
    called peter Lizzy she was testifies to the world about the goodness of a
    herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kind of disease and the
    herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him
    my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be
    cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that
    I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how
    can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me
    That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
    transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for
    the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier
    service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week
    complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not
    knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the
    miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the
    herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he
    didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him
    and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if
    you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from
    the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him
    +2348110114739  you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the
    problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me
    davidclara223@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete