Tuesday, December 27, 2016

'Potato Woman' - With Hundred of Thousands of Tumor

'Potato Woman' Hosine Ara Begum
 The locals shun her and call her the Potato Woman. She is covered in hundreds of tumors. Hosineara Begum was born with a pimple on her upper lip. Once A roadside doctor sliced it off for her and tiny bumps scattered across her body and later those turner  into tumors, some of which have grown to size of tennis balls.



Hosineara Begum is living with hundreds of huge tumors covering her entire body for last six decades has told how she has been shunned by fellow villagers - who call her the Potato Woman.

The Poor lady cannot talk, eat or wear clothes properly.  Most of the time she wraps herself with soft cotton in an attempt to ease the pain.

Hosineara said: 'The tumors hurt. These hurt badly. I scratch all day and sometimes even blood comes out. I cannot take this pain anymore.

'No one talks to me or meets me. People even turn around if they see me from a distance.

'Children are sacred of me. Even my grandson who is only three sometimes cries when he sees me.

'I live like an outcast. I think the only way I can be freed from this pain is by death.'

No comments:

Post a Comment